New Scottish Smoke Alarm Legislation
In February 2019, the Scottish government introduced legislation regarding fire and smoke alarm systems. The legislation requires that an interlinked fire and smoke alarm system be fitted in a property and that there is sufficient carbon monoxide protection. This legislation applies to all households in Scotland.
By February 2021, all homes should have:
• Smoke alarms in every circulation space on each storey, such as hallways and landings
• Smoke alarm installed in the room most frequently used for general daytime living
• Heat alarm installed in every kitchen
• Carbon monoxide alarm to be fitted where there are fuel burning appliances or a flue
• All smoke and heat alarms must be interlinked
AICO Smoke Alarms
• AICO are committed to providing the highest quality smoke and Carbon Monoxide alarms designed to provide the most reliable life-saving detection.
• Every single alarm is tested at multiple points during the manufacturing process, to ensure consistent high quality across all products.
• In addition to the high level of testing during the manufacturing process, every alarm is third party accredited to the relevant British or European standard to confirm the quality.
Who are we?
Vulcan Gas Services is a fully qualified Aico Expert Installer. We are a family business providing a professional service relied upon by many in our local community. If you would like to protect your home with Aico smoke alarms, call our office for a free quote.
35+ Years Experience
We continue to support our local community during COVID-19. The safety of our employees and customers is very important to us so we take appropriate precautions while working at your home. Call us now for your free smoke alarm installation quote.
2m Social Distancing
First class company to deal with, very reliable, very helpful staff. Work done to the highest standard on time and certificates issued asap. We use this company on a regular basis who carry out a variety of jobs for us.
I have used Vulcan for the past 15 years and they have always provided a professional service. The are a pleasure to work with and cost effective.
Have used Vulcan Gas for years now for both my own home and rental properties, work has included annual servicing, safety checks and fitting replacement boilers, ovens and hobs. All work has been carried out to a high standard whether of a routine nature or in relation to problems we have called them in to…